Instagram: laurenrobertson1

Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Beginning

 
 
So this is me at the very start of my journey in August 2012 in Rome. All 13 stone 12 pounds of me. It was a blazing hot holiday and I was tired, grumpy and hot. Walking around the magnificent ruins, I felt miserable. Needless to say when I saw the photo's from this holiday I swiftly signed up to Slimming World on 16th August 2012 along with my partner, Matt.
 
I didn't have a good reason for being overweight. I loved food. All the wrong kinds of food. And I couldn't really cook so going to somewhere like McDonalds or getting a takeaway just seemed like the easy thing to do. If I had a good day, I would reward myself with food. If I had a bad day, I would console myself with food. And exercise... well I might go to the gym once every couple of months or so.
 
I wont lie to you, I was very upset to see these photo's. I was shocked. I knew that I was getting bigger but I didn't realise just how big and in such a short space of time.
 
From the day I joined Slimming World, the whole way I think about food has changed. I've learnt how to cook and how to plan. I'm still totally obsessed with food but I have learnt to strike a balance. There have been times where I have been so close to target and then I've taken my eye off the ball for a few weeks and have put on weight again but I know what I need to do.
 
I wanted to create a page to keep me focused and inspired. I want to share with you my journey (I have definitely taken the scenic route!) and I would love to share your journey's too.  I really enjoy trying out new recipes and tweaking them to suit our tastes. At first felt completely overwhelmed at the idea of having to cook food from scratch but now I love knowing exactly what has gone into my meals and I get that satisfying feeling that I created that awesome meal we just ate.
 
I really hope that I can help to inspire and to also find inspiration.
 
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment