Instagram: laurenrobertson1

Saturday 24 January 2015

Easy Chicken Curry ~ SP

This is taken straight from page 27 in the new packs (Jan 2015) Everyday Extra Easy Booklet and I have tweaked it ever so slightly to make it even easier!

Serves 4
Syn Free
40 Minutes

Ingredients:

Fry Light
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. Lazy Garlic
4 Skinless Chicken Breasts, diced
1 tbsp. Tikka Curry Powder
3 tbsp. Tomato Puree
200g Passata
300ml boiling chicken stock
Salt and Pepper
Bag of Mixed Veg
1 cup of rice

Method

Place a saucepan on a medium heat, spray with Fry Light and stir fry the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until soft.

Add the chicken and stir fry for a further five or so minutes or until the chicken is browned.

Add the curry powder, tomato puree, passata, stock and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked), stirring occasionally.

Cook the vegetables and the rice according to packet instructions.

Remove from the heat and serve.


TOP TIP! I made this for the first time in a large frying pan but I would highly recommend using a saucepan... especially for the part that requires covering! I found that a rather painful experience when trying to use kitchen foil so a large saucepan with a lid is ideal really! I also used a mag of mixed vegetables which I steamed in the microwave which cut down on time.

The original recipe also says to use 400ml of boiling chicken stock. I have reduced that to 300ml as I don't like the sauce to be too watery and I found 300ml gave it a good consistency.

To make this an SP meal, simply don't use the rice! Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment