Instagram: laurenrobertson1

Sunday 1 February 2015

Winter Weekends

Brrr... the temperature has plummeted again but we decided that as it was dry we were going to kick off the walking so Saturday saw us walking 5 and half miles around the island. In the summer, we would do this walk maybe 3 or 4 times a week but this time it seemed like a real long slog!

This time of year is perfect for making soups. I picked up a packet of vegetables for soup, boiled it up in 1.5 litres of water and I added 2 vegetable stock cubes and 1 chicken stock cube. Once the veg was soft, I blended using a hand blender. Simple as that and was delicious! Making healthy, homemade soups need not be time consuming and complicated!

 
 
 
To warm us up from our winter walk, I cooked one of our favourites: Chicken Dopiaza. Another delicious and easy curry which can be cooked in about 20 minutes. I used pre-cooked chicken and this cut down the cooking time so I was able to jump back under the blankets on the sofa and carry on watching Godzilla in no time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment